Tuesday, November 16, 2010

My Favorite Websites

Inter Press Service (IPS) is the first priority website that I read every morning and evening. I don’t only prefer this website because I work with the organization as Trans-Editor, but because it contains analytical information about Africa and the rest of developing world. IPS has a unique website that reading the articles makes me to learn the meaning of being professional journalist. You will find articles with multiple sources, with unique angles that one cannot easily find in the local mainstream and the language is simple, precise and clear.

My next website is MISA website. I visit this quite often because I work with the organization hence the need to know what is going on in the area of media freedom and freedom of expression in the SADC region.

Other website I prefer is allAfrica.com. This website contains information from various African countries. Most of the information is from African newspapers. This keeps me updated about African countries at least twice a week.

I normally read IPP Media and Mwananchi websites if I fail to buy the newspapers. But in most cases our office buys almost all mainstream newspapers and therefore there is no need to go for the online edition. I normally prefer Mwananchi to IPP Media because it contains much information on media freedom, in case of any violations of such right.

I visit UNDP, Human Right Watch and Amnesty International websites in order to get human right issues. This is because MISA is one of organizations dealing with issues of human right hence the need to access human right reports from other organizations.

Generally, I visit Yahoo and Google websites quite often because of accessing email and also searching information from various sources.

I rely on popular Issa Michuzi and Maggid Mjengwa blogs just for funny and also for accessing breaking news. These blogs contain the first hand information that have never been aired or published by any traditional media.

Bunge website is another site that I visit regularly. Apart from getting updates on Bunge sessions, I also get update information on bills and regulations that are being passed by parliament and assess their impact on media freedom.

No comments:

Post a Comment